[arg_discuss] ToW: Idea Graveyard

Jeromy Barber jeromy at 12thstreethouse.com
Mon Jul 6 13:03:12 EDT 2009

A musician told me an interesting Stevie Wonder story last week. Someone
asked him how he had so many hits during a certain period of his life...
There were like three years where he just couldn't miss. Stevie explained
that during this period he was writing 10 songs a day, and not just music
and lyrics. He was writing full arrangements... horns, drums, BGVs, the
works. He said it was just a numbers game at that point.

I think you elaborate as fully as you can your graveyard ideas and then,
like Stevie, it's a numbers game. The best ideas will be obvious to you and
others you are collaborating with.

Jeromy