[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Wed Jan 14 08:32:55 EST 2009

Brooke wrote: "However, I also think that you're looking at it with more of
an agency eye."

I don't think so, I'm just looking at it from the combination of press
coverage (including ARGN) and what Unfiction chooses to get involved in.

I do totally get what you're saying, though, Brooke -- I guess I just feel
that was a battle the community needed to take arms to in 2006 before the
definition cemented or devolved. In practice, the semantics of ARG have
become so broad and undefined that chickens probably can't be returned to
the coop. A good example of that is Markus' suggestion of "Eagle Eye" as an
ARG -- for me, something that you play by yourself on a cellphone in 10
minutes doesn't meet enough of the undefinitions of ARG. /shrug

I've been in too many of those semantic wars over the last decade and a
half: they are hard to make a dent in if you don't enter the fray until too
late.