[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:02:44 EST 2009

2009/1/13 Brooke Thompson <brooke at mirlandano.com>:

> There are so many other milestones we could use other than "almost 8 years

> after the Beast..." - what about "with the 10th anniversary of Blair Witch

> upon us..." or "15 years after Publius Enigma...".

I was interested in what people thought of the recent era where we've
seen an especially big proliferation of new ARGs, and the
proliferation of particularly strong communities (i.e. ones that have
persisted beyond the end of the ARG's that inspired them) for playing,
studying, and inventing them.

I do believe it did some unique things - such as inspiring people to
believe that ARGs could work, and showing them how, in a way that
other projects didn't, and at a time when Majestic had freshly crashed
and burned - but I wasn't trying to imply that it was the first or
most important of the ARGs. I'm sorry if it sounded that way.

Adam