[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Brooke Thompson brooke at mirlandano.com
Tue Jan 13 14:46:37 EST 2009

No real answer, but a slight issue with the phrasing of the question.
It continues to perpetuate the idea that the Beast was the first ARG
and, I know, I'm not the only one on the list that disagrees with that
assumption - especially as we continue to broaden the definition of
ARGs. Heck, for some "Hands Across America" would be classified as an
ARG if it were to happen today and I'm certain that someone would
brand that fun Earth Day thing that the schools around me did in the
70s as an ARG - we had puzzles! and challenges! and there were
stories! and collaborative play! it happened in the classrooms and in
our homes and outside!

There are so many other milestones we could use other than "almost 8
years after the Beast..." - what about "with the 10th anniversary of
Blair Witch upon us..." or "15 years after Publius Enigma...".