[arg_discuss] TOW: almost 8 years after the Beast, which is your favourite ARG and why?

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Tue Jan 13 15:31:09 EST 2009

Like Brooke, I disagree with the premise ... "Blair Witch" had far more
impact on rethinking this type of storytelling. You could just as easily
pick "13th Anniversary of 'Johnny Mnemonic'" and hit the same themes as The
Beast and a longer legacy in terms of defining "experience design" as a
discipline. One must be careful not to let one's own "first ARG" become some
arbitrary indicator of the beginning of time.

But really your suggested topic boils down to "what is your favorite ARG and
why?" No offense, but not the most inspiring of discussion starters, is it?
For me, it just begs the question, "When exactly did the golden age of
ARGing end?" My nomination would be 2003 when Perplex City and Art of the
Heist were running at the same time.