[arg_discuss] Topic of the Week Aug. 3: Show and Tell

David Varela davidvarela at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:33:49 EDT 2009

I'll jump in, also with a highlight from Perplex City. The murder of Monica
Grand was my first real piece of ARG work, so it will always have a place in
my heart. As a piece of audio drama, it's still pretty powerful - players
stumbled across this recording not realising what it was, and the sound
effects are really quite graphic. It gave me enormous satisfaction when the
players started reporting it had given them nightmares:

http://perplexcitywiki.com/wiki/Track_3.mp3

And I suppose the audience reaction is what I'm really looking for. At the
end of Xi, there were a few forum posts that got me a little choked up.
Here's one:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=bEN_PS3_Xi&thread.id=31074
So it's not just about the craft, it's about how it moves people. That's
what really makes me proud.

David Varela

Producer
www.nDreams.com