[arg_discuss] Introductions

Erin Marie Panttaja erin at panttaja.com
Mon Oct 27 13:12:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

I too was much inspired by the GDC Serious Games Summit in 2006. I
was sad to see that conference stop.

I'm an interaction designer and playwright who came to ARGs from the
direction of serious games for training. I have always been
fascinated by games: video games, board games, riddle trails, live
action role playing, and puzzles. I like the idea of submersive
gaming: games that bring themselves into and interact with reality in
unexpected ways, and the use of theatricality and spectacle in games.
I also like to think about ethics in both playing games and designing
them. My background is in computer science; I got my start at the
Media Lab, and have branched out from there.

I've just moved to the Bay Area and am job hunting out here. If
anyone has leads for full time or freelance work in ARGs or related
areas, I would love to hear about them.

-Erin

EM Panttaja
erin at panttaja.com