[arg_discuss] Introductions

John Shulters jshulters at ascensionstudios.com
Thu Oct 23 00:43:17 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I make my living day-to-day running a freelance 3d visualization company
called Ascension Studios. On the side, I create non-electronic games and
have begun to dabble in Flash-based games and mods for adventure & shooter
games. I have a long background in role-playing and video games, but didn't
get into ARGs until 2002, beginning with some basic geocaching, and growing
into custom designed adventures for many different audiences. The GDC
Serious Games Summit in 2006 was a huge inspiration. I and a few partners
have recently founded a new company, N2 Adventures, that produces commercial
ARGs and related games based in the Seattle/Tacoma and Sacramento metro
areas. I've participated in Perplex City, World Without Oil, Doritos the
Quest, Traces of Hope, the 39 Clues, and the new LOST ARG. The new Wherigo
builder/player has also been a recent passion. I look forward to some
collaborative inspiration!

john Shulters