[arg_discuss] Introduction and question about ARGs and the Writing Classroom

J. James Bono jamiebono at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:13:15 EDT 2008

Hello, Everyone!

I've been a long-time lurker here and have found the list to be very, very
useful so I felt I should introduce myself. My name is Jamie Bono and I am
a PhD student studying rhetoric and digital media at the University of
Pittsburgh (go Penguins!). I've been writing a lot about ARGs over the
years and have experimented with them as tools in my composition and
rhetoric classes. I have a piece in *Computers and Composition
Online*(forthcoming summer 2008) called "Alternate Reality Games:
Composition,
Collaboration, and Real Community Play" which deals with incorporating ARG
play (specifically *World Without Oil*) into the comp/rhet classroom.

Since everyone here has been buzzing about the new site (which is an
excellent idea!), I thought I would step up and volunteer to help out. Let
me know where I can be useful and I'll get to it!

Also, I would be interested to hear from anyone else who is working on ARGs
from the perspective of rhetorical education, First Year Comp, or any other
pedagogical application.

Best,

Jamie

--