[arg_discuss] an ARG FAQ

Christy Dena cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com
Tue May 20 23:48:22 EDT 2008

Great pickup Alex, and yes, sounds like a good idea for the site. Good stuff
Wendy.

I was thinking that the 'What the *^&% is an ARG?' question will be answered
in the 'What are ARGs?' section on the site. But having a FAQ section would
be good as well. I like your idea, Wendy, of a small selection of samples
with links to key content (as opposed to the listing in the wikipedia
entry). This small sample should include independent works too though, like
Metacortechs and the informative MU Archives
(http://www.metaurchins.org/book/page1.htm).

Also, I was thinking that the FAQ could work well as a myth-buster, in the
style that Adam was leaning towards in the ARG SIG website. For instance:

What is the difference between ARGs and augmented reality games?

What is the difference between ARGs and online virtual worlds or MMORPGs?

What is the difference between ARGs and other types of pervasive games?
[curly one!]

Best,
Christy