[arg_discuss] ARGology stuff

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Thu May 8 15:34:54 EDT 2008

>Generally speaking, one-click installs from hosts, I've found, have been

>the devil. They're either really old (security holes up the butt), or

>they're done in such a way that you can't work with them like you would

>if you just installed from scratch.

I haven't had any problems yet. Let's see what versions they're offering...
Pligg 9.9, Joomla! 1.5.2, MediaWiki 1.12.0, WordPress 2.5.1, PHPBB 3.0.0.
Okay, PHPBB should be upgraded to 3.0.1, but other than that it all seems
up to date. And I'll set up an FTP user so trusted SIG members like
yourself can modify the installs. ;)

--John Evans
Chaoseed Software - http://chaoseed.com