[arg_discuss] Hello.

Colin McNee colinmcnee at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 23:37:42 EST 2008

My name is Colin McNee.
I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer serving in
Mongolia. I'm also a former Army officer specializing
in PSYOP, counter-insurgency and intelligence. I have
a Master's degree in cultural anthropology with an
emphasis on performance, rituals, symbols and the
narrative construction of collective identity. My
thesis topic was the theatrical underpinnings of North
American rodeo. I prefer to call my resume 'eclectic'
rather than 'chaotic' or 'confused. Once you get to
know me (and I hope you all do), you'll see how all of
this fits together. Drop me a line at
colinmcnee at yahoo.com or send me a Linked-In invite at:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/5/958/467 .
My interest in ARGs stems from both academic and
purely creative impulses. As an anthropologist, I see
this genre as an important new stage in the evolution
of theater and performance as well as a new area for
the study of play. As a writer of speculative fiction
(sci-fi screenplays: un-produced, un-published, yet
un-daunted) I'm excited by the possibilities this new
story/game form represents.
Regards,
Colin