[arg_discuss] Play Testing an ARG?

Fernanda Silvestre fernandasilvestre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:27:58 EST 2008

Hi!

My name is Fernanda n I'm an arg player....

Maybe u can test it with both "testers"... somebody (maybe a PM) test the
game before its starting and other things the players will show u....
I guess it's the best way to make things right.
And always there will be mistakes... but each day we are learning more and
more.

^.^

Nannda
fernandasilvestre at gmail.com

2008/2/12, Jeff McNab <jeff at tragicgeek.com>:

> Currently I'm working on developing my first ARG and have come across

> issues that I'd like to get feedback about. Obviously, this is what

> the mailing list is all about. The biggest thing pressing down on my

> team and I at the moment is about play testing. Obviously in a more

> traditional game model, play testing is easy to do behind closed

> doors. Of course, we can check for technical issues on our own, but

> there are always bugs and game play systems that need to be tested by

> people unfamiliar with the project. How does one go about this

> without spoiling the ARG? NDA testers? Or is the norm to release and

> then revise, in a manner similar to MMOs?

> Jeff McNab

> jeff at tragicgeek.com

:::Nannda:::

...the more I know, the less I understand...