[arg_discuss] Intellectual property and freelance work

libfli at aol.com libfli at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 19:37:34 EDT 2008

this is interesting... i'm thinking it depends on the circumstances of the individual project.  if you are the creator of a story universe
(and not simply a hired staff writer or character artist or something similar) i think you should speak with a lawyer or an agent. i recently created a storyworld and characters
and then found a brand to match.  i'm maintaining all rights to the storyworld and characters for licensing or whatever in the future.

i guess it depends on what your agent or lawyer negotiates.

best

Jan