[arg_discuss] SIG Media Kit

despain at quantumcontent.com despain at quantumcontent.com
Sun Sep 16 00:51:20 EDT 2007

Just to try to clear up any confusion, I think we were talking about a
press kit, not a press release. Press kits are a collection of "evergreen"
information about a particular topic (usually a company or product).
Corporate websites often take over this job these days, but back in the
day a reporter could call up a company and ask them to send their press
kit. You can still pick them up at trade shows etc. They often come in a
fancied-up paper folder.

I don't think we're looking to generate any specific news stories. We're
trying to help reporters already working on stories. Try going to ask.com
and typing in, "what is an arg?" then imagine you didn't already know the
answer to that question. Talk about confusing!

Google responses are a little less random, but they're still not very
helpful. I just think the arg SIG has a great opportunity to help provide
more information to the curious reporter or client. Wikipedia should never
be the most definitive source.

Wendy Despain
quantumcontent.com