[arg_discuss] Trends in ARGs, 2007

Andrea Phillips deusexmachinatio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 21:47:08 EDT 2007

Hellooooo, everybody. My most sincere apologies for not responding to
this thread earlier - Gmail ate all of the responses, and with nothing
in my inbox, I thought I'd never received any. I've hopefully fixed
this problem now!

Tony: Yeah, "shallow" is a loaded word, I hadn't thought of that. I
was trying to come up with a single word that conveys less time
commitment, lower barrier to entry, wider potential player base. No
judgement meant!

Liberty: Hey, if any particular trend takes your fancy, feel free to
volunteer to write about it. :)

Michelle: Yeah, you're right. I can think of even more examples, too,
now you mention it. I was thinking of Eldritch Errors, and a couple of
private games I know about, which make a lot of use of the post
office. But this probably isn't a trend.

Bryan: Hmm, that's an interesting point. I think it deserves a
section. Anybody up for it?

Apologies again - I'm doing a lot of that tonight, huh? Thanks for
bearing with me...

--Andrea