[arg_discuss] Tools for ARG developers

Andrea Phillips andrhia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:17:37 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 8:40 PM, Christy Dena
<cdena at cross-mediaentertainment.com> wrote:

> As for the wiki problem. There is an Australian company, Atlassian, that has

> developed a commercial wiki for projects: Confluence. It is used by Disney,

> Pixar, BBC, Turner Broadcasting and many others. It may solve some problems:

> http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/ . But Brooke, you're talking

> about the updating more than the technology I think. I found it funny how in

> Perplex City they gave up and used the player bible wiki rather than their

> own. Why not eh?!

Another vote for Confluence. I've tried it out for the MMORPG project
I'm (hopefully) embarking on soon, and was really pleased with it...
though of course it's worth noting that the tools that work best will
vary depending on how you and your team work together. What works for
me may be a disaster for you!

Also, it's true that the Perplex City team relied a lot on the player
wiki, but we went through a few iterations of internal wikis, too. I
found them particularly useful for storing drafts of content to go up
in future updates, where proofing and revision changes would be
captured. But keeping track of character birthdays and holidays... the
players could do it way better than us. :)

--
Andrea Phillips
andrhia at gmail.com
http://www.deusexmachinatio.com