[arg_discuss] Value of ARGs to clients

marc at thedigitaldemons.com marc at thedigitaldemons.com
Sat Nov 10 18:55:50 EST 2007

Thanks for that information Dan!

I guess you're right. I was referring more to trying to figure out the
cost of a project from the stats about the game (reach, impressions
etc.) but of course from a production point of view, it'd be silly to
base the cost upon the intended impact of a game.

What I've noticed from my work in web development is that a lot of
projects are priced by first calculating the production cost (mainly
the cost of staff per day), working out how many days the project will
take to complete, and whacking a figure on top for profit (based upon
the client, how important the project is to them, project scale etc.)
This definitely compares to what you were saying about deciding on cost.

I'm particularly interested in your point about companies such as
Coca-Cola who don't really care about the impact campaigns have,
they're at the stage where they can just experiment.

Thanks again,

Marc McGinley