[arg_discuss] Admission criteria for private sub-list

libfli at aol.com libfli at aol.com
Sat Feb 24 11:08:38 EST 2007

although i am relatively new to "the list", i can definitely see why some designers might be hesitant to throw a lot of info out for the general "list" public -- but i don't see how creating an admission's criteria would alleviate that issue. it is my experience that creative people tend to be guarded, especially while in the middle of creating or designing or pm-ing. it is also, as we all know, the nature of args to be kinda secretive. i know i was faced with a few dilemmas during the production of my first game, and i sought out a couple people from "the list" that i felt had the experience to help me. these were private interactions -- and i know that for myself, it was very important to keep that privacy. everyone was more than helpful. in this regard, a sub-list might be really helpful. this list could be used for this sort of private support. i don't know how other's feel, but i just don't see myself going to the group at large to discuss plots, writing etc.
and i think that the it might be more appropriate (and very helpful to newcomers) to open up to the entire list after the game has run its course... like with the post mortem discussions.

cheers
Jan