[arg_discuss] February Chat: Followups

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 24 10:09:15 EST 2007

On 24/02/07, Adam Martin <adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Running through the chat log, it seems we need to get working on each

> of the following:

> * announce time + date of next IRC chat

I suggest a weekday in US (for Mike and others), shortly after GDC (so
we can potentially also get any new people who come along at GDC)

> * appoint people to leadership council

Anyone who's interested in this please email arg_sig at igda.org (or just
turn up to the group gathering and make yourself known :)).

You need to be able to put in maybe 5-10 hours a month helping with:
organizational work, specific initiatives (e.g. publications,
conferences, etc), extra pair of hands when things get really busy,
making the SIG better :).

Everything is done remotely, so location isn't an issue - but you DO
need to be available to talk to the other SIG leadership frequently,
preferably being online most of the time, or at least responding to
emails rapidly. We really need more help here, so you will be
*greatly* appreciated!

> * create a vocabulary

This I suggest we just start work on in the Wiki right now. I've made
a new page at http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Alternate_Reality_Games_SIG
so dive in and put some terminology in there (the acronym "ARG" would
be a good start...)

> * move from list-only to forums+list dual system

Let's wait to see what IGDA's new system is like - if we still don't
like it, we can move to something of our own.

Adam