[arg_discuss] ARG SIG Chat Feb. 3 Log Plus Summary

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 6 08:58:24 EST 2007

Brief thoughts / additions:

Sadly, the IGDA resources (forums, listserv, etc) are far from perfect
- but they are free, and are maintained without us needing to find
volunteers - which was perfect to start with, since we didnt have
enough volunteers to cover all the things that needed doing urgently

:).

I think its fair to
say that ARG people generally are more knowledgeable about forums etc
than other game developers, and I'm sure we could do much better. E.g. its
been a long time since I've set one up, but its not that hard to make
a combined forum + mailing list, where you get the full functionality
of both, simultaneously. Perhaps something else to consider as one of
the possibilities for the main mailing list?

Also ... 11pm/midnight in EU is really too late for future chats.
Surely west coast can handle mid morning or midday, making it around
6/7/8pm here, or don't you lot get out of bed until after lunchtime :P ?