[arg_discuss] Not commercial or independent

Kristian Leth DR UNG TV KRIL at dr.dk
Tue Dec 18 15:54:01 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm from Denmark, working with the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR) - the national public service network - and this entire discussion of "independent" vs "commercial" leaves me with a question: Are there noone else working with ARGs in a public service market?

The match strikes me as optimal, since - as we all know - the genre has a difficult time involving either a subscription fee or a buyable product. The solution has so far been to either try and invent new forms of items to sell (Perplex, Cathy's Diary) or to go commercial.

When working through goverment funding the ARG producer can focus entirely on the experience, without a lot of the commercial considerations.

Are any of you around the world working like this?

Kristian