[arg_discuss] GDC meet?

Adrian Hon adrian at mssv.net
Sat Mar 18 18:56:57 EST 2006

On 18 Mar 2006, at 16:27, Brooke Thompson wrote:

> As I'm jumping into this completely last minute, are there any
> sessions or
> evening events that jump out at you as must do and see? I'll
> definitely be
> at the ARG Gathering even though it's at the same time as the rant
> (which
> makes me want to rant ;)), but what else would be of interest to
> ARG/Cross
> Media/pervasive game developers (for me personally) and/or to the
> ARG genre
> as a whole (for the ARGN readership)?

I had a quick look through the Game Design track but to be honest
there didn't seem to be much that was particularly relevant. There
are a few interesting things in the GDC Mobile sessions in Monday and
Tuesday, but I think most of the stuff during the actual conference
will only be tangentially related to ARGs.

BTW, three people from Mind Candy will be at GDC next week; myself,
Adam Martin and Michael Smith. We'll all be at the ARG SIG meeting on
Thursday at 5:30pm, and we'll no doubt be circulating around during
the rest of the week. If you'd like to meet up, just shoot me an email.

About the dinner on Friday - I think it's a great idea and I'd
definitely like to go, but please bear in mind that a lot of people
will be going to the Video Games Live concert starting at 8pm.

Hope to see you all next week! We're going to be in town from Sunday,
so I'm looking forward to a lot of chat about the future of ARGs and
their potential.

Adrian

--
Adrian Hon - mssv.net
Executive Producer and Director of Play, Mind Candy