[arg_discuss] Puppetmaster Mentoring

D. Cook me at addlepated.net
Sat Mar 18 17:43:56 EST 2006

Adam suggested I post this to the mailing list as well, so here goes...

 From my post at http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14270 -

"In light of the recent difficulties that grassroots games have seen,
I'm proposing a mentor program. Many veteran PMs are busy with their
own projects at the moment but might have a bit of spare time to look
something over and say, "This will/will not work because..."

So I'll throw my name in the ring. If you're a new puppetmaster and
about to launch the next big thing, I'll be happy to take a quick
glance and tell you, in my opinion, whether I think you might be
running into problems down the road or the forecast calls for smooth
sailing.

Either PM me on here or send an email to me at addlepated.net.

Anyone else willing to be a mentor?"

I've also been thinking that it would be really nice to have a
dedicated area for puppetmasters with a little more organization than
the Deaddrop or Unfiction forums have in regards to hints, tips, etc.
Maybe something like a Mambo site with an attached forum, links to
resources like past games, this mailing list, and so on.

The problem is finding someone with the time to administrate it.  I'd
be happy to offer hosting and a bit of time on admin, but don't have
enough time to take on the project individually.  Anyone else willing
to collaborate on this?

-D.
--
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.