[arg_discuss] Introductions - part 2

John Evans btradish at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 6 01:28:10 EST 2006

Hey there, my name's John Evans. I've been interested in computer games for,
well, probably all my life. I've finally decided to try and pursue a career in such,
so I'm building up a portfolio of little game projects with which to either get a
job or start a business. (Probably the former, but who knows...) My website has
some online games written in PHP; the kind of thing where you get a certain
amount of stamina every 24 hours with which to perform in-game tasks, so you
can make it part of your daily routine. (That's the quick and dirty summary,
anyway.)

I live fairly near NYC. Every month I attend a gathering of people in the NYC
area who are interested in game development. (So I'd be willing to make
another trip sometime. ;) ) None of the people at the game development
meetings seem to be into ARGs, though. I like ARGs because of the potential
for interesting kinds of storytelling, that always gets me interested. (I've been
involved in various online writing projects for many years.) The other reason
I'm interested is because, given that I want to pursue game design, I want to
try to experience as many games as possible. I haven't really participated in
trying to play/solve any games, though (except Majestic, years ago). Although
I *have* read some of the trail/solution pages (if only because I wondered
what "where.gif" meant ;) ).

John
www.chaoseed.com