[arg_discuss] CFP PerGames 2006

Beth Aileen Dillon beth.a.dillon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:11:08 EST 2006

"Third International Workshop on Pervasive Gaming Applications -
PerGames 2006 held in conjunction with 4th Intl. Conference on
Pervasive Computing (PERVASIVE 2006) on Sunday, May 07th 2006, in
Dublin, Ireland.
PerGames 2006 is supported by the prestigious ACM journal

ACM CIE Journal will again publish the best paper submissions!

The PerGames series of international workshops addresses the design
and technical issues of bringing computer entertainment back to the
real world with pervasive games. The previous PerGames events were
held in Vienna (2004) and Munich (2005) and attracted researchers and
practitioners from all over the world. Please see the research papers
and presentations of previous PerGames workshops. An introduction to
the field of pervasive games can be found here. Please also visit the
website at www.pergames.de.

With the emergence of ubiquitous and pervasive computing technology,
we are facing a radical paradigm shift in computer entertainment. In
recent years, the immersiveness of gaming experiences had to be
created and conveyed through keyboard and screen alone. Now, the
computer as a medium steps back and weaves itself into the fabric of
our physical and social environments creating potentially richer
experiences. For entertainment and gaming, this holds the chance of
reclaiming social and physical aspects to create new and revolutionary
forms of play that bridge the gap between the real world and virtual
entertainment. Combining pervasive computing technologies with gaming
applications many people enjoy and are used to, will also have a
positive effect on the dissemination of the pervasive computing
paradigm.
Our motivation for this workshop is to bring together researchers who
are interested in interactive entertainment and the chances and risks
that pervasive computing might introduce to it. We want to discuss
results from this emerging field and share our experiences and visions
to identify relevant research questions and future research
directions.

16 Feb Submission deadline
28 Feb Notification of acceptance
07 May PerGames workshop