[arg_discuss] [players] Communities and resources

Michael Monello mike at haxan.com
Tue Apr 4 12:12:40 EDT 2006

Resurrecting a great discussion...

I love ARGN -- it's important to have a site that reports on ARGs and
ARG like projects. The one problem I see is that I think ultimately
it's writers will have to step away as players on the ARG's they
cover. For example, imagine if a writer could go behind the scenes of
an ARG, get a preview of what's to come for the audience and write
stories about it. Not giving anything away but being able to set the
stage for what players might expect out of the game? Just like
entertainment reporters who go on the set of a movie and then write
about it in a magazine the week the movie opens.

As far as I know, all the stories are written purely from a player's
perspective but that puts ARGN behind the curve -- everything they
write about is past tense, and any teases that go up are just that.

If ARGN got inside the games and broke stories that were more
exclusive (i.e. not observations that any player could make) then I
imagine it might become a more critical read to people in the
advertising, marketing, and gaming industries.

Best,

Mike