[arg_discuss] [meta] Introductions

Brian Clark bclark at gmdstudios.com
Fri Dec 16 09:40:06 EST 2005

Just caught up a bit on the archives, figured I'd send out an introduction
meta as well (even though so many of us have met already.)

I'm Brian Clark and I'm the Founder/CEO of an experimental media firm called
GMD Studios (http://www.gmdstudios.com <http://www.gmdstudios.com/> ) that's
involved in a variety of community/publishing/marketing stuff that generally
clusters around the entertainment sector (or applies that kind of thinking
outside of the entertainment sector.) I was part of the PM and development
team on one thing that we later found out was an ARG (Sharp's "Legend of the
Sacred Urns") and another thing that we knew was ARG (Audi's "Art of the
Heist") and a bunch of stuff that I don't think you'd include as ARGs but
share enough of the features that you can tell how we fell into the genre
(like "Nothing So Strange", say starting from
http://www.citizensfortruth.org <http://www.citizensfortruth.org/>  or
http://www.billgatesisdead.com <http://www.billgatesisdead.com/> ).

GMD Studios is a small company in Orlando (6 people) with a remote CTO in
North Carolina, plus a staff of three in New York that work exclusively on
editorial coverage of the independent film scene through our publication
indieWIRE (http://www.indiewire.com <http://www.indiewire.com/> ) which will
celebrate its 10th anniversary next year as a self-sustaining Web
publication. Independent media movements are an overriding passion: before
the days of the Web, I earned my living as a producer of independent bands
(in great part, teaching them have to build self-sustaining careers as
independents) so I tend to look at everything through the lens of
"entrepreneurial independence."

And I admit - I've never been an active player on a single ARG, although
I've lurked my way through quite a few of them.

Look forward to corresponding more with you guys on this list,

Brian Clark

O: 407-657-8990x40

M: 321-277-5293

AIM: gmdclark