[arg_discuss] [meta] Introductions

Adam Martin adam at mindcandydesign.com
Mon Dec 12 21:18:42 EST 2005

Andrea Phillips wrote:

> So who are you guys?

Adam Martin ... I used to specialize in MMOG's (patented some server
architectures), and  I'm half way through writing a book on designing
and developing game-servers. I've written chapters for Game Programming
Gems 4 and 5. I used to evalute and help flesh out MMOG game-concepts
from potential tech licensees, and as an MMOG person I find the
collaborative-play aspects of ARGs the most fascinating.

A long time ago, I ran amongst others: a £50,000 business plan
competition, a 2,000-member training/networking organization, and an
annual 1-day exhibition.

I don't blog, but I'm also working on Perplex City.

> put up a page with bios for list members.

Yes, and a list of any games you've worked on, and a small photo would
also be excellent.

(helps new people to put faces to names, but also especially handy when
doing meet-ups and socials ;))