[Coco] reading second side of real floppy disk on VCC

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon May 6 04:41:55 EDT 2024

 Since VCC is a Coco3 emulation, ROM should be in RAM, so you should be able to poke the values into the the RAM locations for the patch, which would have to be done after any reset/reboot.
    On Sunday, May 5, 2024 at 10:38:30 PM EDT, RETRO Innovations via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

 On 5/5/2024 4:37 PM, robert.gault--- via Coco wrote:
> To use a real disk with VCC you must indicate that using the VCC menu. The disks most likely will not be Coco floppies but the different disks used with PCs.
It's a Coco formatted disk, as the DIR 0 shows a good dir.
> You will also need a special .dll installed on the PC as explained in the VCC documentation.

As I noted on the original email:

"fdrawcmd.sys loaded on XP"

> There will still be problems with the second side of the disk without a modified rom image.

OK, that is good information.  I'm back from the show, but hopefully I
can share this information.  If someone has a suitably modded ROM image,
I can see about sharing with him.

He has done this successfully on another machine, so he knows it is
possible.  I can also see if he can copy the .rom from that other machine.

Jim