[Coco] reading second side of real floppy disk on VCC

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun May 5 22:38:23 EDT 2024

On 5/5/2024 4:37 PM, robert.gault--- via Coco wrote:
> To use a real disk with VCC you must indicate that using the VCC menu. The disks most likely will not be Coco floppies but the different disks used with PCs.
It's a Coco formatted disk, as the DIR 0 shows a good dir.
> You will also need a special .dll installed on the PC as explained in the VCC documentation.

As I noted on the original email:

"fdrawcmd.sys loaded on XP"

> There will still be problems with the second side of the disk without a modified rom image.

OK, that is good information.  I'm back from the show, but hopefully I
can share this information.  If someone has a suitably modded ROM image,
I can see about sharing with him.

He has done this successfully on another machine, so he knows it is
possible.  I can also see if he can copy the .rom from that other machine.

Jim