[Coco] Telephone System

Patrick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:09:26 EDT 2024

On 4/30/2024 8:51 PM, John Mark Mobley via Coco wrote:
> All,
>
> Please see the link below. It is a schematic drawing.

Digging CoCo stuff out of the attic, found some old callcenter stuff. If
you'd like to use any for set dress, let me know and I'll bring it
tomorrow. (already) We did voice in, fax or modem out. Two JTFax cards
in a 386 PC, four PCs in a rack - 8 line fax. The serial printer users
got a multiport serial adapter (later, heartless USB version shown)
feeding a rack of these modems, which don't overheat when stacked
properly and might accept a headset, except one would never steal a
modem line for unrecorded outbound calls. Reliability stack. The OpenVox
is a T1 failover switch for dual pbx. Option 2 was the bane of summer
nights, my personal ISDN router. Irony, I had to replace the butt set
about 15 minutes before the callcenter went digital phone. A couple
genuine Tandy. Accoustic cup adapter for unknown Tandy modem, and a good
start to a wall of modem 1b.

See you at the fest!

-ricku