[Coco] Looking for testers

Lee leep at tigerbase.com
Fri Jun 21 12:20:22 EDT 2024

I've been working on a proof of concept for the idea of bringing the DOS
game Cloud Kingdoms to the CoCo 3 off and on for around 3 years.  It's
still very much a proof of concept, and has high hardware requirements: A
CoCo 3, 6309 processor, at least 2Meg of memory, and the means to access a
.DSK floppy disk image on the CoCo 3.  If you meet these hardware
requirements and would like to do a quick test for me, jump over to
https://gitlab.com/cocodev/lee/tilescroll3 and read the README.  I've seen
it work on an '86 and '87 NTSC GIME, but have not tested it on a PAL CoCo
3.  I suspect the timing will be off on PALs.  I already know there are
problems with it not working on any of the emulators (xroar comes the
closest) or on the GIME-X.  If you try it out, please let me know the
results, either here on the mailing list, or over on the CoCo Discord
(@Leep).  Thanks! 😀