[Coco] Big Security Issue

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sat May 27 14:23:12 EDT 2023

2023年5月27日(土) 10:38 coco--- via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>:

> All Coco list users.
>
> Google has made an extremely STUPID mistake that effects everyone's
> security. The following youtube video describes the problem.
>
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V82lHNsSPww

Heh.

Dot zip is now a top level domain. It had to happen.

I suppose it would have been too obviously an attack on Oracle and Java if
Google had registered the dot jar domain, too. But give it time. Someone
will.

Just for the record, this gambit began well before the IANA or whatever the
style themselves now agreed to start generalizing TLDs.

It began a bit before active links became a standard part of the email
browser user experience that (cough) (mumble)soft foisted on the business
community.

Ken Thompson described it when he talked about Trusting Trust, but most of
us missed that. We (the royal we) thought that was just about pre-compiled
C libraries, didn't we?

-- Joel Rees

http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html