[Coco] 64K Coco mode and the MC6883

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Mar 27 10:45:11 EDT 2023

On 3/27/2023 3:51 AM, Sean Conner via Coco wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great RETRO Innovations via Coco once stated:
>> On 3/26/2023 8:18 PM, Sean Conner via Coco wrote:
>>> 10 CLEAR 999:FOR I=1 TO 59:READ B:P$=P$+CHR$(B):NEXT I:P=VARPTR(P$)+1:POKE
>>> P,126
>>> 20 PRINT"HIT ANY KEY TO RUN TEST";EXEC P;PRINT
>>> 30 A=253:M$="ROM-1":GOSUB100
>>> 31 A=A+1:M$="ROM-2":GOSUB100
>>> 33 A=A+1:M$='ROM-3":GOSUB100
>>> 40 END
>>> 90 DATA 52,3,173,159,160,0,39
>>> 91 DATA 250,26,80,79,183,255,223
>>> 92 DATA 183,128,0,183,160,0,183
>>> 93 DATA 192,0,76,183,255,222,183
>>> 94 DATA 128,0,183,160,0,183,192
>>> 95 DATA 0,183,255,223,182,128,0
>>> 96 DATA 151,253,182,160,0,151
>>> 97 DATA 254,182,192,0,151,255
>>> 98 DATA 183,255,222,53,131
>>> 100 PRINT M$;": ";
>>> 110 IF PEEK(A)=1 THEN PRINT "NO SWITCH NEEDED" ELSE PRINT "SWITCH NEEDED"
>>> 120 RETURN
>> Hmmm, I copied that into a file, converted it to BASIC tokens with decb,
>> and then ran it in XRoar using a CoCo2 NTSC.
>>
>> At first, I got a ?SN ERROR IN 20
>>
>> I replaced line 20 with EXEC P and then ran again.  It then just went
>> unresponsive.
>    Did you try hitting any key?  The assembly code (included in my previous
> message) includes code to wait for a key press before preceeding to allow
> time to get ready to trace with a scope (as you mentioned before).  I didn't
> want to include such a message in the assembly code to keep it as short as
> possible.  Line 20 should read:
>
> 20 PRINT"HIT ANY KEY TO RUN TEST";:EXEC P:PRINT
>
>    -spc

Apologies, since I replaced line 20 with the exec p alone to get it to
run, I thought I'd removed the wait part.

OK, XROAR shows the "switch needed" for all three areas.  Trying on
actual HW now and planning to trace (since I am confident I'll see the
same thing there)

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com