[Coco] Am9511 Arithmetic Processing Unit Cartridge Pak for the Color Computer

Don Barber don at dgb3.net
Tue Mar 14 19:53:25 EDT 2023

Thanks so much for the kind words Mark, Richard, and David. I know an
APU is probably not the most attractive peripheral for the CoCo
community but it was a fun project that involved a few technical hurdles
and *lot* of debugging so really happy someone appreciates it.

I don't imagine many people are interested in actually building one of
these as its so niche, but if I get some interest I might be talked into
placing an order with nextpcb/pcbway to get a batch and bring the bare
boards to CoCoFest. Not looking to make money; would probably be at cost
at $6-7 per board (unfortunately not as cheap as my usb serial card bare
boards were as I'm now out of coupon codes). I also have two spare
Am9511-1DC chips (the version up to 3 Mhz) if anyone is interested in
those (my cost was $8.25 each).

Oh, and Mark, I saw the test procedure you referenced in the CCS 7811
manual used PUPI; thats the exact same test I used when I was debugging.
The first time I saw 02C90FDA come back correctly I was very happy. Very
fitting to discuss on Pi day. :)

Thanks,

Don