[Coco] Inverse Video on 32 Col Screen.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 12:17:26 EST 2023

> On Feb 7, 2023, at 11:11 AM, coco--- via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know of a BASIC program or A USR routine that could take a string where the First 3 characters are the screen offset on the 32 Col screen and the rest of the string is to be displayed with lowercase displayed in INVERSE VIDEO.
>
> SO FOR EXAMPLE an input S$="320 E edit"
> Would display an E in the second Col of the 10th row of the screen and
> then starting at col 4 EDIT would be displayed in inverse video.

Hi, Charlie. I’d be glad to write one for you, assuming I can figure out the ASCII number parsing.

But, you should be able to use PRINT@ to do that, since lowercase will be inverse. You just won’t get the inverse space character.

PRINT@(32*10)+1,”E edit”;

10*32 to get to the row, plus 1 for the 2nd column. But, all that math is slow so you’d really just want to do:

PRINT at 321,”E edit”;

If you leave off the semicolon, it will erase the rest of the line when it prints.