[Coco] CoCo SDC Question

michaelkline704 michaelkline704 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 12:43:52 EDT 2023

You could mount your program disk in drive 1 and run it from there. Mount a blank disk in drive 0.Another idea is to name the disks with the last character being 1 for the program and 2 for the blank disk. When the program ask you to mount a blank disk, just hit the button to swap disks. The disk swap button swaps disks in numeric order and when it reaches the last disk, It cycles back to the first disk. Naming example:Disk 1Disk 2Place both disk in a separate directory. MichaelSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: "M. David Johnson via Coco" <coco at maltedmedia.com> Date: 4/27/23  11:04  (GMT-06:00) To: coco at maltedmedia.com Cc: mdj at bds-soft.com Subject: [Coco] CoCo SDC Question In a real CoCo with a real floppy drive (and also in Vcc), I can write aBASIC program which prints out "Put a blank disk in drive 0 and press anykey when ready" and then the program continues and does something using thatblank disk.  I've read the SDC manual again. The "Multiple Disks" section on page 9 ofthe manual doesn't seem applicable to this specific situation. Is there any way to do this with the SDC? Am I missing something? --M. David Johnsonmdj at bds-soft.com -- Coco mailing listCoco at maltedmedia.comhttps://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco