[Coco] HDBDOS ROM

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Apr 8 12:11:37 EDT 2023

On Fri, 7 Apr 2023 18:44:42 -0400
Bill Gunshannon via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> On 4/7/2023 3:34 PM, Christopher R. Hawks via Coco wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Apr 2023 14:23:24 -0400
> > Bill Gunshannon via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> >> Yeah, now I feel silly.  Of course what you have once NitrOS9 is
> >> running has nothing
> >>
> >> to do with HDBDOS.  But here's another question then.  Has anyone
> >> ever made a
> >>
> >> ROM image that will boot NitrOS9 directly upon turning the machine
> >> on? Seems
> >>
> >> doable and probably not as complicated as things like HDBDOS.
> >> Should I add that
> >>
> >> to my list of project I probably won't get done before I die? :-)
> >>

> >> bill
> >>

> >      Simplest thing is to use HDBDOS (and SDC-DOS) AUTOEXEC.BAS
> > feature. A file named "AUTOEXEC.BAS" will automatically be run on
> > power up. A simple:
> > 10 DOS
> > program will suffice.
> >
> >      See the respective manuals for locations and details..
> >
> >      Works for me.
>

> Yeah, I knew about that. But I thought it would be cool to have a
> system that
>
> didn't rely on BASIC  at all.
>

> bill

Bill:

    If you can boot from Drivewire, there is the dwdos directory in
toolshed.

    There are ROMS for motherboard replacement and ROMPACKs that simply
boot OS9 from various devices.

dw3dos_dsk_cc3.rom burned into a cartrige will boot from Drivewire
attached to the builtin serial port.

    I'll swear there were versions for booting from a Hard Drive, but,
70 years of S,D,&RR have wiped the memories away...

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits...
                     ---Winnie Ther Pooh