[Coco] Uemacs

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:03:45 EST 2022

On 2/13/22 21:34, Jeff Teunissen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 1:58 PM Bill Gunshannon
> <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I did get my first run at SmallC running.  But they used a strange
>> assembler format/syntax so the next step will be to make it generate
>> assembler for either the Microware assemble or the RMA in the C
>> compiler.  Another fun project would be to get a version of Tiny
>> Pascal running on it.
>
> There's already a Small-C that compiles to RMA, it has been on my list
> of things to update

I heard there was but I haven't seen it yet.  Does it also have the
needed libraries for support or is that still a WIP?

>                     but since we have the source to the full C
> compiler it's not been a high priority.

I just like working on compilers.  But, given even a small system
like that it could be possible to make others for OS9.  Like PL/M.

> Tiny Pascal?

Yeah, had it on the other TRS-80's.  Dates back to a series of articles
in Byte magazine by Herbert Yuen and Kim-Man Chung.  Written originally
for the Northstar running an 8080 CPU.  A cute little project and fun to
play with.

bill