[Coco] Text/Background Screen Inversion

michaelkline704 at gmail.com michaelkline704 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:21:32 EST 2022

Hi Brendan,

I was remembering that when I used a programme called "ColorKit", it would invert the video. For which, I liked a lot better. Easier to read. It would be an idea for use with the CoCo 2. On, my CoCo 3, I use the pallet commands to give myself a black background with a yellow/white looking foreground (CMP). I add those changes to SDCX.BAS. Some other changes are ">>" for the "OK" prompt and a printer baud change that I make in the Autoexec. I'm also considering combining AUTOEXEC.BAS and SDCX.BAS, to speed up the auto load... just a hair 😊.

Thus/then I am curious if someone had written a simple (probably ML) programme that does the inversion and keeps it running in the background. Again, the idea would be for the CoCo 1/2. SDCX.BAS would run such a programme if it determined that the CoCo is a 1 or 2.

Michael