[Coco] RS-DOS C compiler, maybe cross compiler?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Dec 7 17:16:20 EST 2022

On 12/7/2022 2:53 PM, Allen Huffman via Coco wrote:
>> On Dec 7, 2022, at 2:41 PM, Pierre Sarrazin via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Allen,
>>
>> #if defined(__unix) || (defined(__APPLE__) && defined(TARGET_OS_MAC)) || defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
>> #include <unistd.h>
>> #endif
>>
>> If this works for you, I'll add that to my copy for the next version.
> I had ended up there, and initially placed a #include <unistd.h> at the top to see if I could get past it. It did not. When I put in the usleep() function at the top (from a cygwin repository), it got passed it then failed on nanosleep().
>
> This may have to do with the compiler I am using. Initially, I could not ./configure. It would fail, looking for cc1 (something).  I tried installing it via Cygwin but couldn’t resolve it, so I then installed G++ and it was able to get past the ./configure.
>
> I expect the C compiler is wrong, or the mode it is operating in is incorrect (by default).
>
> 		— Allen

I would love to help get this working.  While I have both Linux and
Windows sitting here on the desk, I always try to set them up similarly,
since the Linux PC is non portable, while the Windows machine is a
laptop.  When I am out of town and need to test stuff out, the newest
builds are not availableWindows.

There is an older WinCMOC package that is out there, and it works fine
(and has lots of libraries), but does not appear to be supported any more.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com