[Coco] RS-DOS C compiler, maybe cross compiler?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Dec 7 15:53:06 EST 2022

> On Dec 7, 2022, at 2:41 PM, Pierre Sarrazin via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Allen,
>> Change the #if line to append " || defined(__CYGWIN__)", like this:
>
> #if defined(__unix) || (defined(__APPLE__) && defined(TARGET_OS_MAC)) || defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
> #include <unistd.h>
> #endif
>
> If this works for you, I'll add that to my copy for the next version.

I had ended up there, and initially placed a #include <unistd.h> at the top to see if I could get past it. It did not. When I put in the usleep() function at the top (from a cygwin repository), it got passed it then failed on nanosleep().

This may have to do with the compiler I am using. Initially, I could not ./configure. It would fail, looking for cc1 (something).  I tried installing it via Cygwin but couldn’t resolve it, so I then installed G++ and it was able to get past the ./configure.

I expect the C compiler is wrong, or the mode it is operating in is incorrect (by default).

		— Allen