[Coco] ANOTHER OFF TOPIC (FYI)...

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Wed Jul 18 07:12:58 EDT 2018

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 23:47:49 +0000
From: rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com>

No need to even swap out the car radio
For less than $10 you can get a Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into your
cigarette
lighter.   It will turn any stock radio into a Bluetooth one. Now you can
connect
your phone, usb flash, ect

‎https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Bluetooth-Car-FM-Transmitter-Wireless-Radio-Adapter-MP3-Player-Plus-USB-charger-/292472358406?nav=SEARCH

Those don't work very well unless you have a good "dead spot" in the radio
dial near the frequency it transmits on. I tried one a few years ago in a
2001 Ranger truck and there just isn't a good spot here in the middle of
SC. It might work good for a few miles then I'd have to find another
frequency. At least I had one that had multiple frequencies, but it was a
PITA!! I finally got one that plugs inline with the antenna that worked
really well. Required power as well, and had to be manually switched on
and off. It just had a 1/8" jack in, I used an MP3 player with it.
Wouldn't have been much harder to change the head unit though. 10 years
ago there weren't any cheap mech-less units around that I knew of.