[Coco] SDC Question

Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Apr 28 18:36:04 EDT 2017

> L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
> Fri Apr 28 12:50:06 EDT 2017
>
> Sorry for the late reply (been busy with the Fest, work, and a ton of driving).
> Basically, I have a 128 MB NitrOS-9 virtual hard drive image that I use on a
> real Coco 3, using the CocoSDC. I would like to, from within NitrOS-9 itself,
> access the floppy DSK images as well, but I don’t see anything in the docs
> about how to mount/change floppy DSK images while still remaining on the hard
> drive boot. I also wouldn’t mind technical docs on how to do things on the
> SDC card, so I can make utilities in NitrOS-9 to mount, create, etc. DSK
> images, directories, etc. (If all of that is possible). Also, I don’t know if
> it will mount a PC style disk image (512 byte sectors) and allow either the
> PCDOS utility or the MSF file manager/SDisk 3 disk driver combo to directly
> access the PC files on such a virtual disk. I can do all of this on real
> floppies under NitrOS-9 (and what I have been doing so far is copying to/from
> real floppies as an interim step to move files between the CocoSDC floppy
> images and the NtirOS-9 hard drive DSK image), but would love to this all
> without leaving NitrOS-9 at all.
>

> L. Curtis Boyle
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

Well, floppy disk 0 and SDC "hard disk" 0 are the same drive, but I did write a
utility called "sdc" that would allow you to mount other floppy images in drive
1 while in NitrOS9.

Usage: sdc [0|1] [-|SDC command]

The 0 or 1 parameter is optional and defaults to 0.
It indicates the SDC device number.

The SDC commands are string formated as follows:

"-"           - list mounted images
"M:filename"  - mount an image
"N:filename"  - create an image
"D:dirname"   - change directory
"L:dirname"   - print directory
"K:dirname"   - make a directory
"X:name"      - delete a file or directory

If no letter and colon are entered, L: is added to list a directory.

The SDC hardware also supports a Rename command (R:), however this command is
NOT supported by this program at this time.