[Coco] SDC Question

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Mon Apr 24 23:46:05 EDT 2017

> Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com  <mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20SDC%20Question&In-Reply-To=%3CCA%2B0toNG0t7ya-8SivgiiO8N22ZxOUB%2B9M5XfA7tYSYORnHunDQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
> Mon Apr 24 22:08:40 EDT 2017
>
> Now that everybody is back from CoCoFest 26, I’m hoping the collective
> braintrust can answer my question.
>
> I have a CoCo SDC and have several SD cards that I use. One with NitrOS9
> (128mb drive image) and ancillary images. Another with RS-DOS dsk files and
> a third that houses the Ultimate SDC collection.
>

> I have HDBDOS burned into an EEPROM that is in my SCII controller and am
> able to access DW. SO all my parts/pieces work successfully, but my
> question is:
>

> Can I copy a VHD disk image to my SFC, then use HDBDOS to access the
> virtual disk images, WITHOUT using drive wire using drive #1 of my SDC (I
> know that I could startup DW and use drive #2 and #3 to access the virtual
> disks).
>

> Regards

> *Ed Orbea*
> Poulsbo, WA
Program the HDBDOS rom image on the disk below into one of the SDC flash banks. It is a copy of HDBDOS setup to use the SDC as the hard disk controller instead of DriveWire. As always with HDBDOS, make sure you set the drive offset properly for the drive image you want to access.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZVE5fa29hcDRUMGc <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8RnV5G0TZFZVE5fa29hcDRUMGc>