[Coco] High density drives with the CoCo

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Thu Apr 27 10:56:56 EDT 2017

Allen,

I have a controller that has been modified as Robert Brose from or local user group was the one that created this mod and driver patches. It is a monster of a hack. Pretty much like making a controller by hand. I just looked at it the other day.

It does work very well, I even modified the hardware even further to automatic sense the floppy type and adjust the data transfer rate.
To the best of my knowledge, the high density mode of 500Kbps(digging deep in to memory on this number)  is only available on the older WD177x, 40 pin versions(+12V).

May be the J&M can do it, that I am not sure of.

Regards,

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com