[Coco] Which do you prefer and why? CoCo 1/2/3

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 18:22:03 EDT 2017

Actually, 5.25 HD drives CAN be used with the Coco. But as far as I know, only in OS9/NitrOS9. The driver double steps (reads/writes every other track), so it reads the drive as a 80trk, 720k drive (just like a 3.5 720k). BUT, these disks are NOT usable in any other drive (or system), only the HD drive.
I have such a beast and it works well (or it did, haven't fired up real drives in 5 years). THIS setup is where the "dns=3" is used... for high density drives (this has been discussed to death, but Gene RULEZ on drives).

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com