[Coco] RAM expansion options for the CoCo 3

Ron ron at kdomain.org
Thu Apr 20 14:05:10 EDT 2017

Hi Jim,

Here's Jayseon's post in Facebook (it was a while ago):

          Jayeson Lee-Steere
          <https://www.facebook.com/jleesteere?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf>‎/_to_/TRS-80
          / Color Computer (CoCo)
          <https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf>

September 9, 2016
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/permalink/10154485244717641/?match=amF5ZXNvbg%3D%3D>·
Perth, WA, Australia
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perth-Western-Australia/108252552529332>·

I've been working on the programmable logic for the 2 meg ram upgrade
for the Coco:

"ERROR:Cpld:837 - Insufficient number of macrocells. The design needs at
least 37 but only 36 left after allocating other resources.
Device 9536XL44PC was disqualified."

*Grumble*

On the plus side, the next largest capacity device is available is a
drop in replacement for the XC9536XL.

I'm very interested in seeing this happen as I'm sure a lot of other
folks are.  The other really important item we need as well is some
replacement mylars for Coco keyobards or perhaps a think circuit board
(as John Linville  mentioned).  The mylars are delicate and failing.

-Ron