[Coco] VCC Update

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:51:03 EDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
wrote:

> James, if you have problems with MPI etc disappearing on restart, just
> "Run as Administrator". The "ini" file is in the program folder and Win
> 7-10 doesn't like to write to things there. A fix would be to have the ini
> file located in "users/home/App Data" where most newer programs store such
> things.

​Bill, this is something that started happening back with Windows Vista.
Microsoft had made it so MMO or other online games that needed to update
themselves and did not need administrative rights to update them selves
were required to install themselves into C:\Users\Public\Games\{GameName}

This rule of thumb is still valid even now with Windows 10.  By default I
install any application that updates itself and I don't want to deal with
the administrative permissions dialog box, I just install the game or
application into the C:\Users\Public\Games\{GameNameOrAppName}

Just thought this might help :)​

> ​<cut>

​

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |